Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unavailable database

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluke030

Programmer
Nov 25, 2005
US
Hello,

I recently went from D5 with IB 5.5 to D2006 with IB 7.5. I have a couple of IB databases on the machine that were working fine until today. Today being the first time I have attempted to open them since upgrading. I uninstalled 5.5 when I installed 7.5.

Now, when I try to connect (tried both DBX and IBX), I get the error message "unavailable database." I also get this error message when I try to open the DBs in the IBExpert IDE. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have opened the manager and started the server by hand. I have tried to open it through IBC and the services. In both of those, I get a timeout message (after only 10 seconds).

Anything I'm leaving out or just keep uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thank you,
Frank

My experiences:
I have worked with Interbase 5.5, upgraded to Interbase 6 and had no problems, except with a date_time field but that was sorted out. These were all developpers edition.

Recently I downloaded a 7.5 Trial edition and got a key-file by e-mail. Tested it out and the 3-months expired.
We purchased a 20-license 7.5 Interbase edition and tried to install the thing, no succes, same (un-re) install problems.
Finally when re-installing I registered with my account at Borland (the one I used for the trial version) and it worked like a breeze.
Probably Interbase 7.5 needs some proof that you are registered at borland.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back