Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unauthorized Windows 98 Popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryastarks

Technical User
Dec 1, 2002
SG
I recently am flooded with a crap load of Windows pop-ups advertising for HOT DATES. WTF. It started about 2 days ago after i've hooked up my router.

The popups appear when i click on Microsoft Outlook and IE, so it's not an IE problem alone.

What caused it? cos I don't recall downloading/installing anything from the net or elsewhere for the past 6 mths.

Arya

First try downloading Adaware to do a scan of your system. Then downlooads spybot and do another scan.

This will help clear your system of any spyware or scumware.

Then you may want to look into some pop-up stopper program to better manage those pop-ups. There is a bunch of them like popup stopper, window washer, web window killer, etc... joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I just started having this popup issue after installing KaZAalite. This popup is the same ad every time I open a folder or IE6. I check msconfig, IE6 options, and statup but seem to find nothing. I try ctrl+Alt+del but did not find any strange thing running in the background either. Any idea how to find out what's causing this?

Yuxej

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back