Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unauthorised inbound connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmonny

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
GB
I have Domino 4.5 and my SMTP server should only accept connections for inbound mail from Demon. Unfortunately it now seems to accept a connection to spurious IP addresses e.g. 66. 212.162.90. It doesn't accept any data and the inbound session fails but I would like to erradicate any connections as it slows down my server. I have the INI settings in so the MTA is not used as an open relay so it rejects messages but not these connections.

put a firewall in front of the server, and block all non trusted addresses (or block all addresses & only allow the known addresses) --------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post was helpfull, please click below to let me know !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back