Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unauthorised access for Webmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD3887

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
NG
In my network, I have 2 servers in a cluster arrangement running Domino 6.5. My users log on via different ways including Notes Client, iNotes and Webmail (using internet explorer browser). The problem is that some of my users get the error "You are not authorised to perform that operation" when they attempt to use the Webmail option( mailfile). What can I do?

We have had this problem too. It was confusing because the text of the message seems like it is coming from the Domino Server. Apparently it isn't, though. We resolved it with the Security settings in Internet Explorer. Go to Tools, (I am blithely assuming that you are using ie) Internet options, and then the security tab. Click the Trusted Sites icon, then proceed to add your Server's address as an entry to the list of trusted sites. (You may need to clear the checkbox at the bottom which requires all of the entries to be HTTPS sites). You may also need to set all options to "Defaults" on the Advanced tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back