Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended Upgrade from 2K to XP does not load OEM drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHuckfield

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2003
ZA
Hi,
Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this, but I am trying to upgrade our PC's on our network from 2K to XP Pro, and I am not able to get the unattended build to recognise that there are other drivers to copy from the server for the NIC and video card. I am using the OemPnPDriversPath = Drivers\NIC... section of the [Unattended] portion, but none of the drivers are copying to the machine for installation. The build goes through and uses the default drivers from XP.
if anyone has had this kind of issue, please would you assist here. thanks in advance.

There are a few odd problems with the OEM drivers bit, i seem to remember that the total path listing all of the drivers can't be over 256 characters long and the folder names have to be less than 8 characters. It's ages since i've done this so i'm not sure but here is an example from my working unattend file.

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
FileSystem=ConvertNTFS
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINNT
OEMPnPDriversPath = "Pnpdrvs\R00_Aud;Pnpdrvs\C00_Vid;Pnpdrvs\R01_Aud;Pnpdrvs\R01_Vid;Pnpdrvs\R01_Lan;Pnpdrvs\C01_Aud;Pnpdrvs\C01_Vid\A00_Lan;pnpdrvs\A00_Vid;pnpdrvs\"
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

You know what Jack Burton always says at a time like this...

Also the path to the drivers on the CD must be:

i386\$OEM$\$1\Pnpdrvs\drivername

You know what Jack Burton always says at a time like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back