Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended RIS Install with 802.1x support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djhawthorn

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
AU
Hello,

I want to secure a LAN and all PC's with a 802.1x technology (EAP-TLS). This works fine when the OS is active because the supplicant is managed at the OS level and the supplicant can communicate with the authenticator.

However, how would I go about automating the installation of a certificate during the RIS install of a machine?

Scenario: when the machine PXE-boots and is requested for its certificate, it will not respond. For the text mode setup this won't be a problem, as we will redirect these clients to a quarantine network, where the RIS servers will reside. However, GUI mode setup (when the machine needs to join the domain) I need it to be on the production network; thus it will need a certificate by this time.

Is there a way to get around this?

Ideas/suggestions?

Thanks heaps.

[ponder][laughtears] The dumber they think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them! [machinegun][rofl2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back