Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended pcAnywhere Windows XP Workstation Login Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunwindandsea

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
I need to transfer a data file using pcAnywhere and unattended mode. The Command Queue allows me to use an existing Remote to make a connection to a host PC running pcAnywhere in host mode. I tried using pcAnywhere with the Authentication Type set to “Windows” and a Window titled “Symantec pcAnywhere - Host Login” appeared with the error message “Invalid login. Please try begin.” The Username field was completed with the appropriate Username. The Password field was blank. I entered the correct Password and was unable to login. The Username and Password are the same for the Windows Login and the pcAnywhere Remote Login. The Remote pcAnywhere “Windows” authentication Tab has fields for the Username and Domain but no field for a Password. I realize that pcAnywhere password encryption is not the most advanced but it may be easier to log into Windows using the “pcAnywhere” Authentication Type than the “Windows” Authentication Type.

When I attempt to log onto Windows on the host PC using pcAnywhere set to “pcAnywhere” Authentication Type a window appears entitled “Select Recording File.” I click on the Cancel button. And a Window entitled “Authentication” with the following message displayed “Please enter authentication information for:” followed by the Computer Name of pcAnywhere host. The Authentication Window has fields for the entry of the Username, Password and Domain. How do I create the “Recording File?” Can I run the “Recording File” from the Run Command in the Command Queue Window?

I would deeply appreciate any help on this problem. If I can create a “Recording File” that can be run from the Run Command problem should be solved. I’m open to any method to solve the problem

Thanks,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back