Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unattended install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthomas5

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
Hey,
I have set up an unattended install of win2k pro and it does everything I need it to do. It converts the fs to ntfs,
installs the printer, puts the color at 24 true and the screen at 800x600 etc. Im wanting to set the screen saver and the backgroud to though. Does anybody know the commands for that or can anybody direct me to a url that gives all the commands that you can use for an unattended install?
Thnks

Have you rebooted yet?
:)

Don't want to sound negative, but I have a feeling it can't be done during an unattended install. We did a load of work about a year ago on a RIS system (Remote install services, uses pretty much the same process) and couldn't get it to do background or screen saver. Ended up deploying via Group Policy.....

RosieBsDad

You can do it by changing the registry

desktop background colour
"HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\colors","Background","51 153 153","REG_SZ"
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\colors","Background","51 153 153","REG_SZ"

set wallpaper
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop","Wallpaper","c:\winnt\background.bmp","REG_SZ"
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop","WALLPAPER","c:\winnt\background.bmp","REG_SZ"

now run sysprep etc etc, and build your image

the screensaver is a bit more long winded and I can post the complete kix script I use to force my users into a corporate background and screensaver each time they logon if you want.

Jon

So much for that "Use Preferences" option, huh? I think my grampa can still remember those days.

...Mac

Humpty Dumpty was pushed!!

haha,
thanks guys. one other thing, what about slipstreaming the firewall client for isa server into the install? anybody tried that one yet?

Have you rebooted yet?
:)

Everyone here is quite unhaooy with "someone telling us what we'll do with our PCs. Are you alone?...Please install VNC and I'll take care of your phobias for you.

...Mac

Humpty Dumpty was pushed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back