Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended install for Packages through GPO - Security error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bence8810

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2005
AE
Hi,

I have a GPO that forces a startup script, in which I always modify the batch file to be run for unattended installs. I just installed Microsoft patches so far, and it was working great, however, now that I wanted to install some other than Microsoft products, I stumbled upon a problem.

The network share is on a Remote Server, so that all stations can access it. They have Read and Execute access, so it is fine. I can also install it manually, but there is a pop-up warning, weather you really want to run the .exe or .msi package or not, as its from an untrusted publisher. I recently am trying to install Adobe Reader and Winzip, and here are the commands found in my batch file:

Code:
@echo off

Echo Installing Adobe Reader 8.1.1
IF EXIST "\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\AdobeReader\Report\%computername%.txt" GOTO ADOBE-END
"\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\AdobeReader\AcroRead.msi" /quiet /passive /qn /norestart
echo Done on %computername% > "\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\AdobeReader\Report\%computername%.txt"
:ADOBE-END

Echo Installing WinZip 11
IF EXIST "\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\Winzip11\Report\%computername%.txt" GOTO WINZIP-END
"\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\Winzip11\WINZIP32.MSI" /quiet /passive /qn /norestart
echo Done on %computername% > "\\SERVERNAME\r-drive\Installs\Winzip11\Report\%computername%.txt"
:WINZIP-END

It refuses to install anything. If I am logged on, and manually run the script, it will pop the warning up, and will only proceed if I press the RUN button.

Any hints would be appreciated in order to eliminate the Warning, and just go on with the install.

Thanks

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back