Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended install errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel014

Technical User
Nov 1, 2005
NO
Hi!

I'm trying to do an unattended install of both WIndows 2000 and Windows XP. I've created the shares and have placed the i386 folders in the appropriate folders.

The Win2000 computer seems to do this correct, except that when it's done and it tries to boot the kernel, it says that "ntoskrnl.exe" is missing or damaged. I tried the recovery console and found out that the WINNT folder actually is named "ôWINNTö" for some reason.

Now for the WinXP computer:

The boot process starts and the install seems to begin. First it seems like it copies the files from the i386 to the local drive.

And when it reboots, I get errors that it can't copy the files. I try to skip the file and it's just the same on the next one. For me, it seems like it tries to override the source files on the server! Cause I looked up the file it couldn't copy and I saw that it was created today! And the ownership of the file was the unattended user that was created to do the automatic install.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back