Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended Importing tables using ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma113

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
I have a database on a remote computer and I am able to LINK my ACCESS db using ODBC to this remote db. I would like to import these tables instead of LINKing, I know how to import via FILE/Get External Data\Import. I have a VB procedure to loop through the table and write out to my ACCESS db. This takes long time and way slower than manual steps, Is there a way that I can IMPORT tables unattended and be fast also?

Check out the TransferDatabase method in on-line help. You could create a routine to import the data and then use Microsoft's Task scheduler to automatically run you program at a certain time every night.

You should be able to use the TransferDatabase Macro. Create a Macro with all the tables you want to copy and then call the macro in your vba code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back