Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unattended backup failing with new tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

aking

Technical User
Aug 11, 2002
GB
Hi Guys
Running windows 2003 and ntbackup....
Gotta a batch file to do my backups - using the RSM.exe commands. Last line of batch file is:
rsm.exe eject /lf"Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 drive"

This fails now, error message - "unable to parse arguments".

when i do RSM view i see two instances of "Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 drive" - which makes sense as this server has had the original tape drive (faulty) replaced with an identical model yesterday.

Does anyone know how to refresh the rsm database so it only contains the online library friendly name?
Or if this is the wrong direction to take does anyone know the solution to this one?

thanks, that works on a one-off basis. But i wasn't going to write a new batch file every day for each new backup.
i found out how to update the online library - was very simple:
ran the Computer management mmc.
Drilled down thru Storage/removable storage/libraries and deleted the duplicate library. Then batch file worked again.
Still don't know how one would do this on the command line.
Tho i assume there must be a way....

Thanks for the solution! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back