Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unanswered question -- can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemyst

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
US
Hi there,

I need to be able to tell if an NT user has their machine "locked" -- where they hit "ctrl-alt-delete" and select "lock workstation".

Is there any way to do this using VB6?

Thanks!

First of all, your thread will generate more responses if you give it a subject line that indicates what you are interested in.

Next, as for the specific problem, there's nothing that I am aware of in Visual Basic itself, but you ought to be able to invoke the win32API to do it...

That having been said, I've just had a scout through the API, and I can't see any obvious contender...

mmilan

Hey there,

Yes, I've tried posting this thread with a subject more related to the issue. However, those threads generated absolutely no responses (for the latest, just look under Tuesday's postings).

One would think there'd be an API to determine if a machine is locked, but I couldn't find any obvious contenders either.

I was hoping some sort of underground hacker on here might know. :)

Declare Function LockWorkStation Lib "user32.dll" () As Long

is the API used to lock the workstation
having a look now for the actual value it stores when locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back