Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unannounced transfer does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2011
GR
I just took over an already installed system, Option 61C Rel. 4.0, and I am told that the unannounced transfer does not work. The call scenario is user A (DN 1200) calls user B (DN 8000) and asks to be transferred to user C (DN 7200). The transfer can be completed only when user C answers the phone. If user B hangs up the phone before it is answered, then the call comes back to user B. The said users are digital extensions (3901 and 3904). I performed the test with analog extensions as well and the problem remains.

I've never had this problem before. Is this a configuration parameter or should I look for a patch? The latest deplist is loaded on the switch.

Thanks

Do they press transfer again before they hangup?

You could also check to see if they have AHA on the set.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

LD 15 ftop. Then the cls for the phone. FTTU, FTTC, or FTTR.

That's for trunk to trunk and not internal

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Have a look at a CLS parameter MBX(?)

MBXA allows for a blind transfer

MBX is for analog only :) And the users are on digital sets according to Asterisk

Marc D.

MBX is for analog only And the users are on digital sets according to Asterisk "

Granted, but as the failure happens on analogs as well..... it becomes a starting point.

Make sure you have the downloaded the digital sets (LD 32)with the loadware for your release. If your system was upgraded and the phones were not updated, you can have issues with xfer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back