Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unactive users on script

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesz

Technical User
Nov 12, 2000
MY
How to create a script that can check unactive users in the system. This script can be useful for managing a system with more that hundred users.

There's a faq on something like this at:

faq822-1270

You might need to fiddle with it to do exactly what you want, but it might give you an idea. HTH.

Hi,

Depends what you want to to with unactive users - logg them off?

Normally "finger -i" would provide the needed info,then one can decide on the time treshold after which the idle user is kicked out. "Long live king Moshiach !"
h

Thanks.. the faq gave me the idea on how to log off idle users..

More on unactive users..
what if I wanted to verify users who aren't login at all into the system within a month..
I had use command 'last' & 'lastlogin' to check certain users of their login activities.. but what about the users who didn't login.. can i put this in a script?

I am not good in writing a script.. so i need help from your guys.. maybe there is example for me so i can get the idea.. i'm using korn shell..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back