Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to view webcast using any browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpsait

Technical User
Oct 7, 2010
ZA
Our domain users are unable to view webcast using IE, Firefox or Chrome. ISP confirms everything is in place, but users get cross domain, content blocked and certificate errors. Streaming provider says its a local browser problem. Any advice.

Other domain users outside this site can however view the webcast. ISP insists that it's a local browser setting.

ISP insists that it's a local browser setting.

It probably is, but without more information about the webcast and the browser version, any suggestion other than "Infernet Exploder is crap" would be a complete and total guess.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Apparently Firefox and Chrome are equally crappy in this instance!!

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Yeah, but it was only offered as an example of an uninformed "guess".

Chris.

Webmaster Forum

Nonetheless, painting with broad negative strokes against a certain product is not really helpful even as an uninformed guess!! It adds only heat but no light to the analysis.

Well it's rather difficult to to make an 'informed guess' to a question of;

"It's not working" when what "it" only has a generic description of "webcast"

Which of course the first part of the sentence ("but without more information about the webcast ... ...") states.

Chris.

Webmaster Forum

We using IE11 with Win7. I have however managed to get it working with IE11 and Win10. Not sure what will be different in IE11 but somehow it works on Win10.

And the "webcast" format is????

Chris.

Webmaster Forum

At this stage I have no idea. Live webcast to start in a few hours time. I'm running out of ideas. Tried compatibility view - still now no luck. Going to update Adobe Flash player and Java, but I have approximately 100 users who cant connect to webcast test run. Strange that Chrome and Firefox also not working. The fact that a Win 10 IE11 device is working eliminate firewall issues with service provide?

Maybe it's too late, but could you give us the TEST URL

Well it's rather difficult to to make an 'informed guess' to a question of
For sure!!

Test webcast closed now. We assume its supposed to use Win Media Player for video playback.I have asked our ISP a few mins ago to open all ports for webcast tomorrow. Maybe there's another port that needs to be open on corporate firewall. Perhaps something to do with Adobe Flash player streaming. I guess I will have the answer once the live webcast starts in a few hours time.

It makes a huge difference whether it's flash-based or something else. Can you not query the webcast provider as to what is required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back