Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to update WXP with Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

albec

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
US
Hi,

Perhaps someone can explain why this is happening.

I ensure WXP is kept uptodate using Windows Update. Recently there has been a new release of Windows Movie Maker and Nvidia drivers.

Neither will download successfully and Install. It only part downloads the updates, then unsuccessfully attempts the installation.

I've tried these downloads a number of times on different days. I can only assume there is a problem with something on my machine, I just don't know what it is.

Can someone help?

Are you using AOL?
I had exactly these symptoms then was advised by Microsoft that their updater/downloader was conflicting with AIOL.

The solution is to log in using AOL then start Internet Explorer and then download. This cured the problem for me.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I'm not an AOL user.

I did try and locate Movie Maker on the web, I couldn't find it. When I get home tonight I'll have a try at logging into the site you suggested.

Alan Becjley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back