Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to transfer calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blight

Vendor
Apr 5, 2007
US
As of yesterday 2 of our EPN's are now unable to transfer calls... Worked fine up until yesterday... No changes were made to those 2 epn's... Anyone have any idea... system is a G3r 1.11

How are the EPNs connected? Can they transfer within their own EPN?

Kevin

we have a total of 13 EPN's.... these two are for the hospital only... they can transfer between themselves...

Basically the way its setup is people call into the appointment hotline, then they transfer frmo there to the clinics in the hospital... However as of yesterday they can no longer transfer to the clinics.

Do they transfer using an Auto-Attendant in the PBX, Octel, Intuity, IVR?

Kevin

nope just push transfer, and then dial the number thats it.

What happens when you try to transfer? Have you tried tracing a call to see the result?

nothing happens just sits there... and now its the entire hospital that can't transfer calls to each other.

also now i'm getting reports from other parts of the base that they are unable to transfer calls.

Copy and paste your errors and warnings. Copy and paste your list config all.

woo, internet was down all day yesterday, will get this to you as soon as I can rocks

ok, some updates... did some tests this morning... When a call comes in internally they can transfer just fine.

However, when a call comes in through auto attendant they can not transfer that call anywhere internally.

Have you tried displaying the voicemail hunt group and then status some of the extension and ensure you don't have any busy/disabled ports.Also When the caller get the AA do they hear the announcement or dead silence-If they hear the announcement maybe try changing the treatment in the AA from transfer to Call answer vice versa .If all else fells try and doing a rebboot of the Audix.

Thanks,

no, they get through the AA jsut fine. One of the Appointment people pick up the phone, do whatever they do, and then go to transfer them to one of the clinics(its a hospital), and the call goes no where.

no, this started happening last week sometime i think around thursday.... I went to check some EPN's at the hotel here on the base and they said that their receptionist phones can't transfer any calls either. So its no longer an isolated issue... Anywhere that has a call tree is not able to transfer the calls when it comes in through the AA.

Both Lodging and Hospital have seperate Modular Messaging systems. The base uses Call Express.

everything was working fine, and then all of a sudden no one can transfer calls that come in through AA... its still a problem... still unsure what is causing it.

i tried restarting everything, no fix, still can't transfer calls out of VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back