Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to synchronise wsus server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugu

Programmer
Jan 12, 2004
SG
HI,

I recently installed WSUS to my windows 2003 web server. There was a error whenever i tried do a syncronisation:

---------------------------------------------------------
WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.InternalGetConfig()
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.CatalogSyncThreadProcessReal(Boolean allowRedirect)

-----------------------------------------------------------

SSL service is running in the server and my configuration are as follows:

Proxy Server: left it blank as we dont use a proxy server to connect to the internet.

Update Source :Synchronize from Microsoft Update

I'm downloading directly to this server. hence, there is not upstream Windows Server Update Services server.

Port 80 is open in the server and i'm able to connect to the internet and also the microsoft page has been set as a secure page.

Is there anything else that i missed during installation of wsus that is causing thsi problem?

thanks!

-su

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back