Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to start the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

blweb

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I'm trying to create a Sybase Dev ASE 12_5 server on a Windows 2000 machine. When I try to start the server through the server tools it gives me a error saying "Process is running but unable to log in." Checking the task manager and the process list the sqlsrvr.exe is running.

I installed the ASE 12_5 client thinking it will refresh the odbc or the oledb drivers. This came to no avail. When I try to set up an odbc connection it times out.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get out of this black hole that has enclosed on me?

Brian Weber

Fixed with a complete reinstall.

1)run the uninstall from Add/Remove programs in control panel.

2)Reboot

3)run the uninstall from Add/Remove programs again to make sure the links are all removed.

4)Delete/Rename the Sybase folder.

5)Run the install again.

I tried not doing steps 3 and 4 with no success. So please follow all steps if this is the course of action you wish to take.

Brian Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back