Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Start Group on Node 1 on Active/Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGUY53

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
i'm running a Active/Active with a back up of Passive/Passive 2 cluster environment. i'm currently running off of my backups and trying to bring back my primaries. the current problem that i'm having now is i can not get my Physical Disk and that group that it is in to go online on NODE A (it fails over when B is off, but all resources are OFFLINE). but what i found weird was that when i leave A off and turn B on, the physical disk that's in its group (aka file group) goes online and the DB group is capable of failing over and be online. is there something in the settings that's been accidently turned off i need to look over? i've tested to see if the physical connection to my external RAID was accessable while Cluster Service was offline on both nodes when Cluster Device was disabled in Computer Manage. i was able to access the physical disks & quorom so i don't think its faulty wiring or cables. and if i forgot to turn on the Cluster Device, then i wouldn't be able to get into Cluster Admin because Cluster Device is has been disabled. but correct me if i'm wrong

why would all NODE B resources be offline when NODE A takes ownership of B resources? i need to check on the cluster.log and see exactly what it says. i will post what i find and append it to this thread when i get to work. any ideas???

Resources can only be active on one node at a time.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

mrdenny-

i figured it out. i looked through all my resources and compared it with my back up side and found that i did not have Node 1 as a possible owner in one of my resources. i was able to successfully bring up my physical external RAID disk sucessfully. now i should be able to start all my resources since a lot of the resources are dependent on the physical disk external RAID.

thanks and i hope this helps someone down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back