Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to show the correct phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianTelecomAdmin

Technical User
Sep 14, 2006
US
How do I program the switch to show the phone number of the corporate phone to my cell phone? Before when I use the corporate phone to call my cell phone it’s showing the right number but now it is showing a different number. Worse is its showing a different area code. Thanks for the help.

We have Fujitsu F9600 and our lines are digital and analog (for fax only). I'm new with this equipment and when I took over this job there was no proper turn over so most of I've learned are just by reading the three volumes of Fujitsu F9600 Commands Manual Release 10. Thanks for all the help in advance.

When you say "digital and analogue lines" do you mean external lines or extensions?

Digital lines = PRI/T1
Analog lines = PSTN
Digital xtns = Fujitsu system phones
Analog xtns = faxes, cordless phones, POTS/SLT phones

If you have both types of lines, they will have different numbers. Depending on how your LCR/ARS is setup, what you dial will determine which lines they use. You can only specify which number you send when using digital lines.

Sounds like you might have both types of lines. Sometimes when you make a call it will go on the digital line and send a certain number as CLI. Other times it uses the analog lines and send a different number. You need to confirm what lines you have, what type and how many of each. Then check LCR/ARS programming.

Hmm, sounds like terms like PRI/T1/PSTN/LCR/ARS etc are above your skill level. Do you have any experience in programming other PBXs?

End users call lines what their phone is connected to. These are actually extensions. Engineers call lines what the PBX is connected to the outside world. This is the correct terminology.

You need to know what sort of "lines" you have and how the LCR/ARS is programmed to route the calls onto the lines. Without being disrespectful it sounds like this might be a little more than you can handle. I could start telling you how to check things like this but if terms like extensions and lines aren't clear to you then the rest wouldn't make a lot of sense.

To set the CLI on ISDN/PRI trunks
ASS CLIL,0,NXXNXXXXXX,1,1 = this sets the default CLID for all phones assigned to Tennant 0
"ASS CLID", is used to create a specific CLID, inwhich you user "ASS CLIST" to assign a station to the CLID.
Find a copy of the Feature Implementation Manual (FIM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back