Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to set rotation job backup flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacely

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
US
Howdy,

I received an 'E3539 unable to set rotation job backup flag' error. This seems to have only affected the media pool records; the backup was successful, and the tape was renamed correctly. I manually added the tape to the media pool save set.

I'm running ArcServe 2000 SP2 on Win2k SP1. The ArcServe help only says to check the database engine, which was running.

Anyone out there have any more information on this issue and if it may be a symptom of a larger problem?

TIA,

Sean

PS. Is it just me, or has CA web support (support.ca.com) been down for a couple days now?

Hi' Spacely

I just got exactly the same problem, but i'm using ARCserve 6.61 (ASO version) SP1 on NT4 SP5.

It startet after i installed ATL (automatic tape library) number 2 and konfigured two more media pools. the backup is running ok, but i also have to manually move the tapes to the save set's. It means that every differential jobs use a hole new tape and that's a waste of expensive tapes.

The tapes i move, have no seriel number in the media pool viewer and the backup method is custom and schould be differential.

By the way, right after the error in the Activity Log, i get a "ASDB_SetMediaBKType 2 - return code. (EC=2)", but i don't know what it means.

Sorry i can't help, but i'm still investigating the error and will let you know if i find out.

About the CA web support site, it's regulary down%-(

Happy weekendLOL
Ivanhoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back