Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to select range for parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmptrgreek

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2004
US
I have a report with a sub-report. both reports have parms. the sub report has one parm that I can select a distinct value or a range. when I select a range for the value, I get an error...'promptArray.length' is null or not an object". then, the parameters all dissapear.

I am running CE10 with SP5, on a WIndows 2000 server.

The easiest thing to do is replicate the Subreport parameters in the main report.

Then in sub report links simply link the parameters together. ie in link window, select parameter in main report then in bottom left drop the list and select corresponding sub reporrt parameter.

Ian

That's a very strange error...

Try Ian's suggestion, it may resolve, but I fear there are larger issues looming here.

You could also switch to using two parameters, start and end and code the record selection accordingly, but you shouldn't require either workaround, but I generally do what Ian suggests anyway for subreports, no need to have a parameter in a subreport.

-k

Looks like its back to plan B as SV suggests. Replace the range parameter with two start and end paramters.

Ian

if I set one parameter while I am in the admin management console, then schedule the report through the users page(ePortfolio) I can run the report with a parameter range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back