Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to run distributed Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodasher

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
I have created reports in Crystal 8 connecting to a SQL Server 2000 DB. I have compiled and distributed the reports to a shared folder on the network. I am able to view/run the compiled reports from the network, but no one esle seems to be able to view/run the .exe. Nothing happens when they double click the compiled report.
Has anyone else had this problem? What have I done wrong?

Thanks,
John D.

Hello John D.!
Make sure your SQL Server drivers are the same, may need to down load the MDAC from MS. Make sure all users run the set.exe from there local PC.
Also, I have seen a problem of not logging in to DB if the ODBC 'names' are not the same (e.g. Test Server v. ServerTestDb) from development machine to users.

Good Luck!
ossipon

Thanks! I had an older driver than the users and I made sure the ODBC names were the same. It does not let you log into the database other wise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back