Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to run 6.0 reports after loading a 7.0 compiled report

Status
Not open for further replies.

loutheman

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
US
I'm currently writing and compiling 7.0 reports. After I loaded a compiled report onto three different PCs including my own, we were no longer able to launch 6.0 canned reports supported in another software program (Remedy). I'm assuming a dll was loaded into one of the system files causing the problem. Is there a fix and can two versons co-exist on the same PC??

This is a common problem with reports run from a third party application. Probably the CRPE32.dll was replaced and apparently Remedy can only use the 6.0 version of the Print engine dll.

Seagate doesn't recommend multiple versions. They have an article about this in the knowledge base. You can get away with it if one is 16 bit and the other is 32 bit (different dlls). So, you could install the 16 bit version and recompile. Otherwise, until Remedy allows the 7.0 dll, you may be limited to using the 6.0 engine on this PC. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Try to install a compiled 6.0 report. This will probably fix your problem in Remedy.

Both versions on same PC can be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back