Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to restore xln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay81

Technical User
Apr 22, 2013
AE
Hi Guys,

I'm upgrading from CM 6.0.1 simplex to MES (CM 6.3).
However when I'm trying to restore the xln file it fails and this is what I get:

BACKUP: AA_RamDiskChk
BACKUP: AA_RamDiskChk: starting
BACKUP: arestore_swversion
BACKUP: arestore_swversion: starting
BACKUP: xln_postrestore
BACKUP: xln_postrestore: starting
BACKUP: xln_postrestore [ERR]: /opt/ecs/sbin/serverBTMConfig -w -f -c Large%- failed. Return code=15, error="Invalid BTM size specified."
script failed: xln_postrestore -d /var/tmp/rstr/xln_avayaCM_172134_20150910.parm : 1
backup: 13: Fatal error received from post_restore routine for xln';' see log file
backup: 13: post-restore for xln failed with error - 256 -- Restore terminated
Value for file >/etc/opt/defty/xln2 is undefined or not a FileHandle at /opt/ecs/lib/perl/fileop.pm line 590.

Any Idea what could be the issue?

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a 6.0.1 backup to restore to 6.3. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be upgrade your 6.0 to 6.3 then take a backup to use on your ME.

I used to restore CM 5.2.1 or CM 4 or even CM 3 to CM 6.3
So I thought it would work with CM 6.0.1
Upgrading the existing system will increase the downtime for sure since I have CM simplex.
However, I think this is the only choice, I will try it out

There's a pre-upgrade patch for each release that lets you restore a CM2 backup to CM 5.2 for example.

You can't just take an XLN from any release and restore it to any release unless you've got a procedure that explicitly states so - like pre-upgrade patching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back