Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to restore passwords and keys error

Status
Not open for further replies.

efultz

Programmer
Apr 14, 2020
US
I have a .mbz5g3 backup. When it was sent to me I, also, was given the file MICROSKeyBackup.mbz5g3 - so I have both files - MICROS_A.mbz5g3 and MICROSKeyBackup.mbz5g3 in the same directory. I run the DM -U C:\temp\MICROS_A.mbz5g3 which starts the database manage. The database manager shows 3 lines:

Restoring Micros backup file c:\temp\......
Decompressing backup file
MICROSKeyBackup.mbz5g3 does not exist. Unable to restore passwords and keys.

I thought if I created a zip file with the extension mbz5g3 and placed both the files I have in that zip file and try to restore with the dm - u command that might work - but I just get the same error.

It feels there must be something I can do to get this to restore - I have the files.

Has anyone experienced this? If so how did you get around it?

I've seen this happen when the Micros MDSHTTP service isn't running when attempting the restore.

Thank you. We are not running the POS - we are a back office company using the database. Does anyone know how to identify what version of the database I have installed? I suspect I need to upgrade the underlying database but am not sure where mine is as to know where to find the upgrade

I did check and I do have MICROS MDS HTTP Service running - I assume that is the service to which you were referring?

If you don't know which RES version you have, but you know is a mbz5g3 I would make a fresh install with the latest micros version. That way it will upgrade it and you probably will solve the MDSHTTP service issue.

You can make that on a VM. It's gonna be quick so you can see if that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back