Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to repeat headers in Impromptu report

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedpie

MIS
Aug 24, 2003
US
Hi,

I am creating an Impromptu report and would like to repeat a grouped header on each page of the report. When I try to do this I am only able to print preview/print/save the first page of the report. I am able to view all data on the screen. Also, if I show the group's footer I can view the first page of each group. I have tried changing the scope, page settings, and using a different field for the group with no luck.

Thank you in advance for your help!

In the properties, did you try checking the page break after the group header? This means you will have a separate page for each group.

CP [cook]

CP,

Yes I had tried that. The problem seems to be that I put all the report information into a group header that I created for each record. Since I had no detail infomation to display beneath the group headers Impromptu would not display it correctly (I have no idea why) My report structure was like this:

Group Header 1 (for each county in a state)
Group Header 2 (for each customer in the report)

To get the report to display and print properly I had to include at least 1 detail field in the report. I set the field height short enough that the field was only visible as a line between each header. This workaround solved my problem but if anyone knows a way to make it happen without doing this I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks again CP for your reponse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back