Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Refresh using Refresh button / Programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

LearningSql

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Good day to all --

Has anybody had any problems refreshing either using the Refresh button or via API using the .Refresh command?

I have searched the web and within Tek-tips but have not seen anything conclusive.

The main issue that is occurring for the user-base is that using either method to refresh (manual or programatic) DOES NOT refresh the data. It appears to have been refreshed (and yes I did check to make sure that the appropriate checkboxes were not checked) however the data is the same as before (assuming that criteria were changed of course).

The primary user application is Business Objects 6.5.2 Full Client.

Can anybody point out any tips, websites or items to look for? Any posts that I can read and/or patches?

I greatly appreciate any help anybody can give.
Thanks,
P

You say that it appears to have been refreshed. Is there an indication in the data manager GUI that this is indeed the case?

With earlier 6 versions there were issues with refreshing (in particular with not bringing in all data there was to be fetched), but I believe version 6.5.2 is solid in this respect.

Ties Blom

What about the checkbox on the data provider itself that prevents it from refreshing. I believe it needs to be checked or it won't refresh.

There are 2 places to look....In the data viewer, the Refreshable box should be checked (by default). In the query panel itself, the Do Not Retrieve data should be unchecked.

BO is not a flaky product. This has to be an error at your end either with your use of the software or something else on your client.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thanks both to Steve and blom0344.

Being the "technical" person that gets the request to "research" the errors by clients, I am usually half-full of information but I always try to check the obvious items.

My dilemna usually is that the "user", and those "power users" that say they know what is happening usually do not know exactly what is happening.

I will take your suggestions and review.

Thanks again to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back