Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Record Extended Absence Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerProgrammer

Technical User
Nov 28, 2007
US
I was in a COS (Octel 300XL)which had Attribute 114 "enable extended absence greeting", which when recorded did not play "goodbye" and disconnect callers. Doctor previously told me Attribute 4 was necessary and seemed to correct the problem. I had 10 other staff put in this COS, however they are unable to record an extended absence greeting - pressing 47 plays "that function is not available". Also, I deleted my extended absence greeting and now hear the same and am unable to re-record my greeting. Telecom is having trouble correcting this.

Maybe some errors has occurred in the system. Can you post the
@L H ?

///doktor

Once you add attribute 4 it will override all other attributes. Since you had the greeting recorded prior to adding attribute 4 it worked for you.

I would ask what are All the attributes in the COS? What is the purpose of that COS? Is the ability to now exit after hearing a greeting a new requirement on a user mailbox or are they application mailboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back