Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to reclaim unused Station and Trunk Ports to make Available for reassignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelzmike

MIS
Aug 30, 2011
US
Working with a G3siV9 (R009i.05.0.122.2)

Needing to setup a trunk with 48 Ports. As we got into this, I realized due to current config, we didn't have that many available trunk ports. Looking at licensing, I get the following:

Capture_ymkmma.jpg

I discovered that I had 2 analog cards that were both very underutilized. They had ports assigned of course, but the majority on each had no station assigned. So, I moved all of the stations from ports on 1 of the cards and put them on the other. I then removed the analog card. I assumed this would have freed up enough for me to finish this out (by the way, the number above in the image does include 23 of the total ports I need, so I really only need an additional 25) easily. However, it made no difference and I don't know why. Do I need to do something else to free up these available ports? Thanks!

The Right-to-Use (RTU) is based on administered ports, not equipped ports. In your system both stations and trunks take up RTU. From the station perspective, even x-ported stations take up RTU. A few things you can do: Run a 'display errors' report and put 513 in the Error Type field. That will show you all of the administered stations with no set on the end. Do 'list station port x'. That will show you all of the x-ported stations that are taking up RTU. If they are just used for mailbox extensions, you can remove them and add them back in as 'virtual' stations - They do not use RTU or assign the extensions as VDNs routing to voice mail.

Kevin

Thanks! I had already thought of the virtual route and while I an choose that option as extension type, turns out it was not enabled on our old system. Even though it is a free add on now, Avaya stated we would have to pay since it became free only after we purchased this license many years ago. Go figure right. I think we got it sorted out though thanks!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back