Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to recieve e-mail from second domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARR

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2003
CA
All,

My firm has two domains that we receive mail for, I will call them abc.com and 123.com. Everything has been fine for 2 years, with sending and recieving functioning correctly for both domains.

This past weekend we removed via dcpromo two of the original W2K DC's and transferred their FSMO roles to new 2003 R2 servers.

Come Monday morning, we can send and recieve e-mail for abc.com. We can send mail from 123.com to the world, but we cannot recieve mail sent to the 123.com domain.

Here is the message, that I am getting from my mail clients

Permanent Failure: 550_Requested_action_not_taken:_mailbox_unavailable

I updated RSUS to the new domain controllers, DNS looks good, each user has both e-mail domains listed...its got me baffled.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Rob

I take it you rebooted exchange on domain 123.com? Make sure you have set the new 2003 rc2 as a global catalog server or make sure you have a global catalog server present on both domains.

Yep, we restarted the box. I opened a ticket with MSFT and found a checkbox was unchecked Recpt. Update Service. How it got that way we'll never know, but its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back