Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to receive faxes through BCM using ATA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXT3CH

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have 2 fax machines that are not able to receive any incoming fax calls throught the ATA's. I am able to make fax to fax calls internally both incoming and outgoing. But when receiving from an outside number I an unable to receive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-pt.

Set your baud rate to 9600 or less....

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Have you checked to see if the ATA Setting for the ATA device is set for Telephon or Modem? If this is on a BCM50 go to Configuration in Element Manager and go to
Telephone -> Sets -> Active Sets. Look up the DN that has the ATA, it should say Analog in the Model. Click on the DN and in the details for the DN you will see a tab that says ATA Settings. Look at the ATA device and see what it is set for. If it says Telephon try the Modem setting.

Forgot to mention, when you are looking at the capabilities and preferences make sure the ATA DN is associated with a Pool or a line in the Prime Line setting..I think the setting defaults to I/C which is intercom. This might explain why you can only send faxes internally and not externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back