Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to re-set Admin password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporty2

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
I have a CP 2.02 that I am unable to login to admin box 000000 I have done a re-set in support tools and still unable to login. Any clues where to look or action to take?

sporty2

you are going to need the Nortel Itas password to get in and reset the password. I would contact your vendor.

I have reset with both "distributor" and "tas" from the Database API Utilities in support tools. One other thing I have found is that 2 of my other tech's had admin setup and they don't work either. I have also re-booted and tried again to no avail.
thanks
sporty2

sporty2....when you are trying to login what password
are you trying to use? or what do you think the default
password is ?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

After the "resetadminpwd" at CI> prompt, Adminbox "000000" is reset to default of "124578" for the CallPilot Manager.

Or I should say "that is how it has always worked" in my past life.
All of the services are up and running with no unusual alarm or event codes

My next action will be to take it out of service and run some diag's on the drive.

Any thought's comment's are welcome.

sporty2

sporty2...that is what it should be what are you using
for the server name or what have you tried for the server
name the reason for the questions is i have had this
happen to me.let me know what you have tried

strmwalker

sporty2...running diag on the drive will not fix this
problem.we should be able to get you so you can work
with callpilot manager

strmwalker

sporty2..you can load PEP CP404S03G07C.exe this the
latest and greatest CALLPILOT MANAGER that will
work on your release of callpilot.it will take
about 10 minutes top to run then reboot callpilot
and you should be able to login.

strmwalker

Thanks strmwalker for the info. This is a CP 2.02 will that pep work on this release?

sporty2

sporty2...yes it will work on your release

strmwalker

Thank's strmwalker, I will post what happens.

sporty2

hi guys, i have the same problem to cp 3.0, dou you have the support tools login?

thanks

sporty2, when I had this problem (the support tools password reset procedure did not work) GNTS/ETAS had to perform a registry hack in addition to performing a resetadminpwd.

x11tech, I have not had the chance to do anything yet. I was going to try what strmwalker had said about putting on the latest CallPilot Manager. This is a small site that only needs changes done about every 6 month's. When I do something I will post what happens.

sporty2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back