Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to push BE9 remote agent to win2k3 server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickclark

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
GB
Dear All,

using BE9 on win2k server. trying to push open file agent to win2k3 fileserver. in BE9 tools -> serial numb and installation -> next -> remote install -> next -> next eventually reaching the veritas BE remote features.
right click destination win agent/option select add manually... entered correct dom and machine name. Remote computer login credentials screen appears. have tried local admin pw. dom backup a/c, my domain user a/c. the actual dom admin account. pop-up says that connection to server X failed .. incorrect login details. login details are correct !! Going slightly mad. is this a win2k3 issue, a BE9 issue or should i just find somewhere high to jump off ? ;)
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Try installing the remote agent manually.
Copy the C\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\agent\rant32 folder to the c: drive on the remote server. Open a cmd prompt and change dir to c:\rant32
type setupaa.cmd - it should take about 15 seconds then return back to the prompt. Check the services.

Hi

I have heard that BE9.1 is the one for Windows 2003, they apparently had loads of issues with 9.0 r4454 on 2003

Lambypie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back