Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to process the Lockfile - Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonechild

Technical User
Oct 19, 2006
I am trying to update my invoicing and I get the following message: Unable to process the Lockfile: "Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer - Daily Sales Order Sales Journal" Processing cancelled. After researching a bit on the www, I found that I can do a regedit, but it says to look for "lock files" under PDF Converter, I do not see any. Does anyone know what else I can do to fix this issue? Thank you in advance for your help.

MAS90 4.3 is the current operating program.

Did you know that there is a Sage Knowledge Base with answers to questions like this? You can find it at You might want to visit the Sage Community. Meanwhile here is your answer, straight from the KB:

"Unable to process the Lockfile: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer - report name. Processing canceled" when printing to PDF
Entry Type: Informational

Product: Sage MAS 90 ERP, Sage MAS 200 ERP

Application: Paperless Office

Version Reported: 4.30

Subject:
"Unable to process the Lockfile: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer - report name. Processing canceled" when printing to PDF.
Possible Resolution:
Note: Use Extreme caution when editing the registry. If the registry is edited incorrectly, Windows may not function properly or may not run at all. Sage Software Support is not responsible for assisting with editing the registry. Always back up the registry before accessing it. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified computer technician.
Delete any Jobs and Locks folders under all Sage PDF Converter keys in the Windows registry.

On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
In the Open field, enter Regedit and click OK.
On the Registry Editor Edit menu, click Find.
In the Look at area, select the Keys check box, and clear all other check boxes.
In the Find What field, enter the following text and click Find Next:
Sage PDF Converter
When located, expand the Sage PDF Converter key, and locate the following folders (if they exist):
Jobs
Locks
Expand the Jobs folder, and delete any subfolders.
Note: Subfolders may prevent the Jobs folder from being deleted.
Delete the Jobs and Locks folders.
Press F3 to search for the next instance of Sage PDF Converter.
Repeat the above steps for each Sage PDF Converter key.
Close the registry.

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back