Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to print doc in Word XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casein

Technical User
Jan 6, 2002
US
I have a file which I used to print in Office 97, When I run it in my new Word XP I get an insufficient memory message. The file is 9,541,795 (9.9MB)bytes including graphics. When I try to print it I get the message "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font." I have plenty of empty disk space, and I am running on 128MB of RAM. I tried it on another machine with 450MB of RAM and still the same result. I tried to force the virtual memory (on disk) to max, instead of Windows controlling it. Same result.Any ideas?

What font is the document trying to use? What font was the document created in? Is that font the same in both instances, and if so, is that font installed on the XP machine?

Matt A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000 Early Acheiver with Security Emphasis

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given and if you like my advice, please mark it as helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back