Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to perfrom negative activity transactions, Please Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardrockq

MIS
Oct 2, 2001
US
At first, it was only one item, which seemed to affect all shop orders for that item. But, it has grown to the point that I can no longer perform negative acvivity transactions on any shop floor order now. I don't understand what the problem is. Has anybody experienced this problem before? I thought at first that it had something to do with the IMINVTRX.BTR file. But now I am leaning toward the IMLSTRX.BTR file. Due to the size of the IMINVTRX file, I was not able to investigate as thoroughly as I like in access. Now, I am at a loss. please help???

On any Lot/Serial/Bin controlled item in Macola, you cannot have a negative on hand. Please check the transactions you are performing and see if they are lot/serial/bin controlled and if the qty would have gone negative had the transaction been consumated.

What version of Macola are you on? 7.5.103e? Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I have repeatedly tried the same transaction because I know that it would not drive inventory for this item negative. I may have forgot to mention that performing a negative transaction on any routing operation that is not a Y count point works. It is the last operation, final inspection, which directly effects inventory, that this will not work on. I enter the activity transaction screen, select the work order and quantity(negative) and press enter. I then come to the inventory transaction screen, where I select the bin and lot number I want to return from stock back to the shop order. The problem is when I press enter. I can not go past this point. The screen flashes but the bin, lot and quantity should then drop down into the white area of the inventory transaction window, but does not. To get out, I must Roll Back the transaction which of course then aborts it. I hope this is graphic enough. Please help, I am desperate for a lead.

Hardrocker-

Where are you located? I was hoping this was something I could do via the board but apparently not. I want to refer a couple of Macola consultants to you. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I am located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but we are changing standard costs for all items, incorporating labor and overhead which we never accounted for in Macola before. This problem just seemed to occur about the same time which I think could be coincidental. I am sure that they are changing BOM's and possibly routings for some items as well. To update the BOM's and the routings for unreleased orders is easy, but for orders that already have activity logged, issuing of material and what not, this is not so easy. I don't see how this could be the problem, but am unsure. Are there any other forums like this that I can visit, because I sure can not find any on the net. Thank you by the way for taking interest in my problem.

hardrockq-

This is the best forum I know of on the net, hands down.

I do not have a lot of experience with the SFC and MCA modules, otherwise I could give you some more guideance.

The closest major Macola reseller to you, Accolade Systems Konsultants - aka ASK - is in Altamonte Springs. The number is 407-682-2700. Ask for Richard Whaley and tell him Don Gilsdorf said to call. I do not get paid in any way shape or form for this.

This may or may not be a free call. I do not know how he bills for telephone support, but I know he is one of the best in the business. His books on Macola are better than Macola's - in fact Macola sells them!

Good Luck Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back