Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open NotesSession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rofeu

Technical User
Apr 13, 2005
NL
Hello,

I'm using GetObject("", "Notes.NotesSession") to get an open session or open a new one when there isn't one. It all works fine when there's an open session, but when there isn't it fails.
The strange thing is that on some PC's it works fine, but on others' it fails. It's not the vba that fails however.

I'm getting a message in Lotus Notes that says:

"Unable to access data directory 'D:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\My Documents\Program Data\Lotus\Notes\Data' using preferences file 'C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\notes.ini'."

I've no idea what causes this error.

Any thoughts are appreciated as I've ran out of ideas.

Cheers,

Roel

Seems that this is a file permission issue. Is the file in the path that the code expects ? Does the user executing the code have access to the file ? Can you open the File Explorer and navigate to that point ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi,

thanks for replying. Well, the thing really is that it's following the path with as userid the administrator instead of the user. sorry, forgot to mention that before.

I have no idea why it is attempting to go to that directory. I was thinking that it's trying to get the ID file from there, but I've looked at the location of the ID file in Notes under User Security and that directs it to the correct path.

If I could somehow tell it to look at that path, I believe the problem will be solved, but I've no idea how to accomplish that.

Cheers,

Roel

What is the default Notes Data directory set to ? Is it the same on all PCs ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi,

no, it varies. Some are looking at Environ("ProgramFiles")\Lotus\Notes\Data, others at Environ("USERPROFILE")\My Documents\Program Data\Lotus\Notes\Data.

It seems to only occur on the ones where it's using the USERPROFILE environment.

Neither of which is the path that I get in the error message, by the way. (it's not specified anywhere in Notes.INI either)

Cheers,

Roel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back