Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open multiple IE sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenns

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
I wasn't sure which forum to go to with this one. An associate of mine is unable to open more than one internet explorer session. We assume it is a setting somewhere but can't find it. She is running IE 6.0 on Windows 2000. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks!
Jenn

I believe you go to tools-internet options-advanced-reuse windows for launching shortcuts

Hope this works for you

What happens when you try hitting Ctrl + N on your keyboard? It should open up a new window. Are you using any type of popup blockers? If so maybe you have a setting in there that is preventing a new window to be opened.

The "reuse windows" setting is checked on both our browsers and I dont' have the problem, so I don't think that's it. However, Ctrl + N works and that's good enough for her.

Thank you both!

Thanks!
Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back