Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open Catalogue based on a csv file on a different PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarKay

Technical User
Aug 11, 2010
GB
I'm trying to create a complex report from lots of different sources, so I've created a catalogue from a csv text file using ODBC. This works perfectly fine on my pc, the user class is creator, connect to the database is ticked, the database login is greyed out and I just click on OK to open the catalogue.

However on other pc's the database login is not greyed out but the OK button is and it wants me to login to the database. But since the cat is based on a text file there should be no login requirements!

I'm sure there is a simple soulution to this that I'm just not aware of but the problem has brought my progress to a complete stop so any help would be greatly appreciated.

AFAIK, you'll need to set up the ODBC connection as Data Sources under Control Panel>Administrative Tools on each PC.

soi là, soi carré

OK thanks for that. I'll give that a try by creating identical datasources on both PC' based on the Microsoft text Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back