Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open blank data entry form

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwm76

Technical User
Jan 13, 2005
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to open a blank data-entry form, but for some reason, when I open my form, there is already old data populated in all the fields.

Data entry is set to "yes" in the property sheet.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Neil

How are ya nwm76 . . .

have a look at the forms [blue]Data Entry[/blue] property!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Thanks Ace....but as stated in original message, my Data Entry property is set to "yes" as it should be, yet I still see data populated when the form is opened....

I've tried a couple of ways:

Creating a Switchboard button, using "Open Form in Add Mode".

and

DoCmd.OpenForm "DataEntry_Form", acNormal, , , acFormAdd

Same result both ways.

How about set the form open event to

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

nwm76 said:
[blue]....but as stated in original message, my [purple]Data Entry property is set to "yes"[/purple] as it should be, [purple]yet I still see data[/purple] populated when the form is opened....[/blue]
I was just prompting verification of [blue]Data Entry![/blue]

Since you have [blue]Data Entry![/blue] already set in the form, you don't need any arguements in [blue]DoCmd.OpenForm[/blue] method! . . . Try:
Code:
[blue]   DoCmd.OpenForm "DataEntry_Form"[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Also faq181-2886

Aceman - I think what he wants is a blank record when he opens the form. If I understood that correctly, going to a new record would have the desired effect.

Aceman - I think what he wants is a blank record when he opens the form. If I understood that correctly, going to a new record would have the desired effect"

And what does having Data Entry set to Yes do?

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Thanks missinglinq! [thumbsup2]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Also faq181-2886

Well, apparently not what he wants it to do.

There are much better boards for pointless flaming, you know?

How are ya SimonDavis . . .

[blue]missinglinq[/blue] properly gave your thinking a little nudge! I see no [red]flaming![/red] [surprise]

As one of the professinals here, I have been nudged enough myself . . . and have always been greatful for the wakeup call.

There's no need to be that sensitive if we are suppose to be the professionals!

If [blue]Data Entry[/blue] isn't working, its indicitive of corruption, meaning other things as well could go wrong!

So what happen to [blue]nwm76?[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Also faq181-2886

Do the navigation controls show more than one record (e.g. "1 of 20")?

Is there any code in Form_Load, Form_Activate, or Form_Open that might override the Data Entry property?

And to confirm, these are are bound controls?

Thanks guys for the comments.

The problem has been tracked down to a bad query that I was using as the basis of my form. Unsure as to why the problem manifested itself in the way it did, but my initial problem is now fixed.

Thanks and regards,
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back