Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open any website

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH75

Programmer
Jun 1, 2010
CA
Hi

I have XP. few days before I am unable to open yahoo mail. when I enter my password my adrres bar start changing. Now I am unable go any web site

Any help/idea please. I am unable to go any website other wise my pc is working fine.

thanks in advance

Could you improve your grammar and syntax - if you're not a native english speaker, disregard.

Scan with this: MalwareByte's Anti-Malware
Remove all that is found

1st result from google search: mbam-setup.exe

when I enter my password my adrres bar start changing.
What browser are you using? Firefox? Opera? Internet Explorer?

If Firefox: does the address bar ask happen to ask you "shall Firefox save the password for...?"

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

hi

Thanks for reply.
1) I am unable to go any website so i have to download it from some other computer

2) usually i am using firefox but i try with IE,Google Chrom also

Thanks

Probably a silly question but...

Have you checked that your router is actually providing a full working Internet connection? Try attaching a known good PC, laptop, etc., and see if that connects or fails.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

He can test the internet connection by connecting another PC to download MalwareByte's unless it happens to be at another location, but that's a good idea.

Try a command line (start run cmd) ping to see if you have connectivity to the internet from a DOS level.
ping
should get you 4 responses.

You can also try this as it sometimes fixes quirks that have occurred in network connections:
1. Under Device Manager (Right-Click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager), find your network adapter under "Network Adapters", right-click on it, and select uninstall.
2. Next, right-click on anthing listed in device manager, and select "Scan for new hardware" or "Scan for hardware changes" - I forget the exact name.
3. Open Internet Explorer, and if it doesn't pull up a web page, close it down, and reopen again.

If you get nothing above, try the PING method mentioned by goombawaho above as well.

Basically reinstalling the network adapter driver forces the system to refresh all the network-related settings... well, don't know if it handles ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back