Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to move computer objects between OUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2007
US
In Active Directory I have assigned a non-admin Security Group (called Group1 for example) the CREATE COMPUTER OBJECTS and DELETE COMPUTER OBJECTS permissions to all Organizational Units. Of course I am able to create and delete computer objects while logged on as someone from Group1, but I am NOT able to MOVE computer objects from one OU to another. The permissions are the same on all OUs. According to Microsoft all anyone has to do is grant the CREAT/DELETE COMPUTER OBJECTS permissions, like I've done, but it isn't working.

As a side note, If I add the user to the Account Operators group, everything is fine. What is particularlly troubling is that I gave Group1 the same exact permissions that the Account Operators built-in group has.

Anyone have a clue why these permissions are failing to provide the functionality I need?

I know bad manners replying to my post, but does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back