Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to map a drive to the IFS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev11mn

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
When trying to map a drive to the ifs, it doesn't connect? It takes the user name and password and then comes right back to the same sign in screen. This seems to be happening when using windows Xp. When using Windows 2000 I can get it to work? I have a few differnet users with this issue, does anyone have an idea? Is this something with Windows? I could use some help on this issue..
Thanks..

try using the ip address instead of the system namel

\\12.34.56.78\sharename

HTH

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

We've had issues with that also. One thing to remember that if the (can't remember which right now) sysval on the as/400 is set to non-case sensitive, you'll need to key in you password in either all upper case, or all lower case (forget normal logon rules). You also may need to change the setting in iseries navigator so it won't use the Windows username and password "no prompting" - to just the user name, and save the password when you create the map.

We used iseries shares for years...then along comes XP. Gee thanks. I really want to move everyone to Linux, but that's neither here nor there. What I've done is...

If we are getting a file to the ifs, usually from a cpytopcd, I add an ftp to the program to copy to a windows share they already have. If you'd like to use that, I can post some code for you.

Mark

SELECT * FROM management WHERE clue > 1
> 0 rows returned

--ThinkGeek T-Shrit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back