Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to login to LSP System Platform 6.3 CDOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgen

Technical User
Feb 13, 2012
SG
Hi Guys,

We have issue in accessing the CDOM, DOM-0 using our admin password. We have tried through web and even via putty but all our passwords (admin,root) are not working only cust account is working fine. We didn't change the passwords but we don't know why suddenly it's not working.

Any idea how can we resolve this issue without reinstalling it?

Thank you.

There was an LDAP corruption issue that happened from time to time in older releases of System Platform.

If you could get in as cust, can you su to root and change your admin password from there? If you're on the up and up with Avaya support, they can correct it as well.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't tried su to root after accessing cust password but if in case I can su to root, what is the command I can use to change the admin password once I'm already in? Thanks.

Is your system pre 6.0.3.3.3?

This is common on VSP pre - 6.0.3.3.3

You can do one of three things:
- try and login through CLI and reset slapd, this is only a temporary fix and works sometimes but not always
- reboot the server, this will fix you for the short term
- reboot, then fix it permanently and upgrade to 6.0.3.3.3 or higher to fix the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back