Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to log on to the ePO on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
SE
Hi

I been having a problem with my ePO since installing it. I can't access it on the server unless I'm logged on with the account with which I installed it. If I try to open the ePO MMC logged on with any other account I get the message "Unable to log on as the database administrator. Be sure that you are logged on as a local administrator."
The account I'm trying to use all have the neccessary rights beeing domain admins.

I guess that the error message doesn't concern the report database but some internal ePO-database since the report database has a separate login. Our report database is on anaother SQL-server and I've seen to it that the accounts I'm trying to use has the correct right to that database.

Does anyone have any theories? Is there an internat ePO-database and if yes, how do I check the rights on that one?

t.i.a.

/Eyas

Check if your browser (IE) has a proxy server set. If so, you'll need to check the "bypass local addresses" to make this work. Also, check if the ePO server service is running.

HTH,
AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

I want to inform that I just had the same problem. EPO 3.0 running on a separate box that the MS SQL server 2000. In my case the '3.0.1 event parser service' is not running. When I try to start it it says: "Could not start the service in local computer, this could be an internal Windows error..."

There is no proxy on my environment. I try specifying other accounts woth domain admin rights to start the service and didn't work. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manny

If you have Active Directory look at your PDC and BDC - maybe there is some problem with replication and you are using serwer which has old user database.

Yes, I'm running AD with only 1 partner out of 37 with replication problems. I'm trying to fix it ASAP but what does that has to do with the local admin account for the EPO. I'm not even able to login using that account and my EPO server is not a domain controller, neither the SQL 2000 server. Any help will be appreciated.

- Manny

There is a knowledge base article by nai.com which describes the solution that helps me to access the epo from a outside domain with another user then the installed one.
You have to change the access from the epo to the sql server from an ADS/NT Account to the sa or other sql internal user. The exe is called cfgnaims.exe and is in the epo\3 folder. Change it in the middle register called "Administrator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back