Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to log into voicemail terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsak

MIS
Mar 5, 2003
US
I went to add a new voice mail box today but when I got up to the terminal and switched to the Meridian Mail screen, I hit PF1 to log in as always, and nothing happens. So I’m thinking that’s odd. I hit the Setup key and that window comes up fine, escape out of that window and hit PF1 again. Still nothing. I tried the other soft keys to see if I could get any type of response and nothing on any of them. I’m the only one who uses this system and only to add or remove voicemail boxes or for the ever popular “I forgot my voice mail password can you reset it” request. I made sure that Hold and Lock where off (they don’t display on the screen) but I can’t figure out why I’m unable to get to the login screen. Anyone have any suggestions?

jsak,

Not knowing what type of terminal you have, if you checked the parameters on the terminal under "setup" and they were ok, insure that the RS232 connection on back of it is secure. Check the link between the PBX and the voice mail (ESDI, AML, APL) I would also suggest turning the terminal off/on if it happens to be a "dumb" terminals. One other option is to replace the terminal with a know good one.

jsak,

Not knowing what type of terminal you have, if you checked the parameters on the terminal under "setup" and they were ok, insure that the RS232 connection on back of it is secure. Check the link between the PBX and the voice mail (ESDI, AML, APL) I would also suggest turning the terminal off/on if it happens to be a "dumb" terminals. One other option is to replace the terminal with a known good one.

You may have an A/B box that needs to be changed. This is often used for remote access.

Also, you may just need to refresh your screen - hold down Ctrl and hit R

Also, keys F6 through F10 are the ones to use for the softscreen prompts

What type of terminal are you using? A VT100 F1 key works to log on to MerMail. If you are using a VT320/420/520 then us the F6 key. If you are using a terminal emulation on another type terminal (procomm) then us the vt100 and F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back