Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to load srvice vectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamados

Instructor
Jun 8, 2001
GB
hi
when i shutdown my machine just at the point of powering down i get the message "error unable to load service vectors hit any key to continue" when i hit a key it shutsdown. but how do i load the service vectors ? to rid myself of this problem ?

This is actually not a sidekick issue but check this thread and good luck & tell anyone you know who uses Sidekick we are here:
Posted by June Switzer on April 23, 2001 at 20:07:08:
In Reply to: Re: service vectors posted by FriZoN on March 15, 2001 at 12:49:53:
Awhile back I had this same window popping up every time windows was shutting down.A kind person sent me this solution and it worked for me:
I use Win98SE2 and went to Start/ Run/ Type in msconfig/OK/click Selective Startup/ uncheck Process Autoexec.bat and Process config system/OK/Restart.
Also in the Dell Knowledge Base suggests that if you do not have any older SB16 Emulation in MS-Dos software( such as a game)then SB16Emulation in Device Manager can be disabled. This advice is for those who have SoundBlasterLive Value Sound Card on their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back